Bottom fishing opportunities are available throughout the summer fishing season with good catches of Halibut, Lingcod, Red Snapper and various species of Rockfish. Effective bottom fishing is dependent on favourable tide and wind conditions. Generally speaking, the best times are near the 1/4 moon phases and from April to October. Largest Halibut to date: 232 lbs. (1991 Diawa Derby Winner) 212 lbs. (1994 Diawa Derby Winner).
Halibut Fishing - Port Hardy
Fishing Charter Schedule
The prime season for catching Halibut is May through October while Lingcod, Red Snapper and Various Rockfish can be caught year-round. Contact the Codfather to see which type of fishing is best for the time you plan to arrive.
3 Day/4 Night Fishing & Accommodation Packages
We offer a wide variety of fishing and accommodation options. Our Standard 3 day / 4-night fishing package is listed below.
- 3 Days Guided Fishing from 24' boats.
- Bait, tackle and equipment.
- Coffee, soft drinks, breakfast and lunch.
- Fish cleaned, vacuum packed, frozen and boxed for transport.
- 3 bedroom waterfront condo (4 nights) accommodations (dbl occupancy hotel rooms are supplied when our units are full)
- Transfers to/from Airport.
- We also offer 2 day / 2 night packages
- 1 to 5 Day Fishing Packages
- Day Boat Charters
- (8HR) Tackle, Guide and bait included
Room Rates (Per Night)
- 2 Persons - Call for current pricing
- 3-4 Persons - Call for current pricing
- 5-6 Persons - Call for current pricing
This is our standard fishing package. We also offer trips from 1 to 5 days for boat only / rooms only or any combination that works for you.
Tax not included.
Please contact us for details on the various options available.